Old Fashioned Paloma Slushie
Grapefruit and lemon make this citrusy adults-only slushie made with Ezra Brooks Bourbon the perfect summer treat.
- 1 ruby red grapefruit peel removed
- 1 large lemon peel removed
- ⅔ cup Ezra Brooks Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- ½ cup sparkling pink grapefruit soda
- ⅓ cup agave syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 6 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 cups ice
- mint for garnish
- sliced grapefruit wheel for garnish
- In a blender, purée grapefruit, lemon, Ezra Brooks Bourbon Whiskey, grapefruit soda, agave, salt and Angostura bitters until smooth. Add ice and purée until smooth. Pour into a shallow casserole dish and freeze until slushy, about 2 hours.
- Divide among glasses and garnish with mint and grapefruit, adding more grapefruit soda for a loose sipping slushie.
Tip: Reduce the work of squeezing and straining citrus by peeling, chopping and throwing it all in a blender. And don’t forgo the salt – it enhances the grapefruit flavour.