We’ve elevated classic smashed potatoes by brushing them with rosemary-infused oil, then putting them on the grill. The smoky flavours and BBQ crispness make these Smashed Rosemary Potatoes sublime. We recommend doubling the recipe.
Smashed Rosemary Potatoes
- 800 g medium waxy potatoes washed
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together oil and finely chopped rosemary.
- In large pot, cover potatoes with salted cold water; bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain. Place potatoes on cutting board; using bottom of a pot, press down to smash potatoes until they pop open. Let cool.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Brush potatoes with rosemary oil. Place on grill and cook, flipping a few times, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.