Arugula and Blackberry Salad With Goat Feta Cheese
Tart, fruity, spicy and cheesy, this salad has it all. Add bulgur or wheat berries to make it a meal.
- 10 cups baby arugula
- 1½ cups blackberries
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1 tub (175 g) Woolwich Dairy Crumbled Goat Feta
- 10 toasted walnut halves chopped
- 6 slices coppa salami or prosciutto halved
- 1 lemon
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp hazelnut or walnut oil
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- Arrange arugula, blackberries, shallot, Woolwich Dairy Crumbled Goat Feta, walnuts and salami on a platter. Zest lemon and sprinkle over salad.
- Using paring knife, cut off top and bottom of lemon; set lemon flat on cutting board and slice away peel and pith. Working over bowl, cut between fruit and membranes to release segments into bowl. Arrange over salad.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In small bowl, add zest and juice of lemon; whisk with hazelnut or walnut oil until combined. Whisk in honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad before serving.
Tip: Add cooked bulgur or wheat berries for a dinner portion of the salad.
Simply fresh and totally delicious, Woolwich Dairy is carefully crafted with fresh Canadian goat milk and quality ingredients! Find it at your local grocery store. woolwichdairy.com