Arugula and Blackberry Salad With Goat Feta Cheese
Tart, fruity, spicy and cheesy, this salad has it all. Add bulgur or wheat berries to make it a meal.
- 10 cups baby arugula
- 1½ cups blackberries
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 1 tub (175 g) Woolwich Dairy Crumbled Goat Feta
- 10 toasted walnut halves chopped
- 6 slices coppa salami or prosciutto halved
- 1 lemon
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp hazelnut or walnut oil
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- Arrange arugula, blackberries, shallot, Woolwich Dairy Crumbled Goat Feta, walnuts and salami on a platter. Zest lemon and sprinkle over salad.
- Using paring knife, cut off top and bottom of lemon; set lemon flat on cutting board and slice away peel and pith. Working over bowl, cut between fruit and membranes to release segments into bowl. Arrange over salad.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In small bowl, add zest and juice of lemon; whisk with hazelnut or walnut oil until combined. Whisk in honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad before serving.
Tip: Add cooked bulgur or wheat berries for a dinner portion of the salad.