This drop-dead gorgeous summery dessert comes together in a snap with a simple yet decadent filling paired with lovely tart dark berries.
Easy Blueberry, Blackberry and White Chocolate Tart
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tub 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 250 g white chocolate about 8 ½ oz chopped
- 1 vanilla bean split and scraped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 11/2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Dough: In large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and salt on medium until light, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape bottom and side of bowl and add egg and vanilla; beat until incorporated.
- Add flour and salt to bowl, beat on low until dough comes together. Turn out onto work surface and gently knead into ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into disc; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Arrange oven rack to lower third level and preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9 or 10-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom all over with fork; freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Line pastry with foil or parchment paper; fill with dried beans. Bake on lower third rack until browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and continue baking until base is cooked, 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mascarpone cream: In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water melt chocolate with half of the mascarpone and vanilla seeds, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in remaining mascarpone. Scrape into cooled tart base and chill until set, about 4 hours.
- For the fruit garnish, heat the lemon juice and icing sugar in a saucepan over low heat, add the fruit and cook over low heat for a few minutes. Spoon over chilled mascarpone filling and enjoy immediately.