Candace Nelson’s Fudgy Brownies
- 6 tbsp European-style or good-quality butter plus more for pan
- 170 g bittersweet chocolate chopped (scant 1 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8-inch square pan, then line with 2 fitted strips of overlapping parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate on high, stirring every 45 seconds, until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.Stir in sugar and salt until combined.
- Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, until smooth. Whisk in flour and vanilla until mixture is smooth and glossy. Scrape into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake until top is set and slightly shiny brownies should not spring back when pressed), 25 to 26 minutes. Let cool completely on rack; cut into squares.