Moroccan Mint Tea Chocolate Pots de Crème
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tsp loose leaf gunpowder green tea
- handful mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- pinch salt
- Heat the cream with the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the gunpowder tea and mint leaves. Leave to steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the cream and butter mixture thoroughly, discarding the tea and mint leaves, return to the saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Add the chocolate and vanilla and heat for about 4 minutes, stirring, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk the sugar, egg yolks and salt together in a large bowl using a hand-held electric mixer until pale in color. Pour in the chocolate mixture while stirring constantly and continue stirring until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 4 small pots or ramekins and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm. If you keep the pots in the fridge for more than 2 hours, leave them at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.