When I think of martinis, I think of them in a classy setting like a dinner party or a great cocktail bar. I’m a big fan of vodka martinis and I love to experiment with different brands of vodka. I’ve traveled the world eating and drinking with one of my best friends, Brett, who is a master chocolatier, and we’re always swapping details about food and cocktails. The amazing vodka he recommended for this cocktail comes from Japan. It pairs so well with chocolate that I encourage you to get your hands on it, but if you can’t, another premium vodka will work well too. –Steven Hodge
- cocoa powder for rim
- 2 oz Nikka Coffey vodka
- ½ oz Martini dry white vermouth
- ¼ oz white crème de cacao plus extra to rim the glass
- dark chocolate curls for garnish
- Rim the edge of a martini glass with some crème de cacao, then dip it into the cocoa powder to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, vermouth and crème de cacao. Shake well, until chilled.
- Strain into the rimmed glass and garnish with a chocolate curl.
Excerpted from Chocolate All Day: From Simple to Decadent, 100+ Recipes for Everyone’s Favorite Ingredient by Steven Hodge. Copyright © 2023 Steven Hodge. Photographs by Jamie Hodge and Jimmy Jeong. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.