Chocolate and orange is a winter (and holiday) flavour combo that we’ll never tire of. This crinkle cookie recipe won’t add too much stress to your plate before welcoming guests—just make sure to leave enough time for the dough to rest in the fridge. A bain-marie is recommended to melt the baking chocolate, but you can use a microwave to save some time. A snowy coating of icing sugar brings the cookies together in an appropriately festive way.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with Candied Orange Peel
- 50 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 210 g flour
- 30 g candied orange peel diced
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 30 g icing sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate together in bain-marie or microwave. Mix thoroughly with wooden spoon.
- Whisk eggs in bowl with brown and vanilla sugars until mixture whitens. Mix in melted chocolate-butter mixture, flour, candied orange peel, baking powder and salt. Let rest in fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take dough and form walnut-sized balls. Roll each ball in icing sugar.
- Arrange balls on parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 11 minutes.