Golden Turmeric Bourbon Sour
Simple Syrup (makes 1 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
Golden Ginger Mix (makes generous 1⅓ cup or enough for 4 drinks)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 lime peel removed
- 2- inch piece ginger peeled and sliced
- 1- inch piece turmeric peeled and sliced
- ¼ tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 2 oz ¼ cup Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Ezra Brooks Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 2½ oz Golden Ginger Mix
- pineapple flower garnish optional
Optional Garnish: Dried Pineapple Flower (makes 10 to 12 flowers)
- 1/4 pineapple round skin removed and core left intact
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool; store in a jar and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Golden Ginger Mix
- In a blender, purée pineapple, lime, ginger, turmeric, salt and Simple Syrup until smooth. Transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Cocktail: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice; top with Golden Ginger Mix and Ezra Brooks Bourbon Whiskey. Fasten top and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Strain into a glass and top with pineapple flower (if using).
- Cut pineapple into super-thin rounds using a mandoline; pat dry and arrange tightly on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake in a 200°F oven until edges are light brown and dried, 90 to 120 minutes. Carefully place into muffin tin cups to shape them as they cool.
- Store in a container for up to 2 weeks, reheating and reshaping any softened pineapple flowers.