Healthier than store-bought, this granola provides wholesome energy and honey, cardamom and hazelnuts make for a highly satisfying flavour combination.
Healthy Honey Cardamon Hazelnut Granola
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp ground cardamom
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups puffed quinoa
- 3 cups large flake oats
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup Medjool dates, chopped
- 1 cup coconut chips, toasted
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of the oven, then preheat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, oil, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Add puffed quinoa, oats, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds. Stir well to combine and coat evenly with honey mixture. Divide onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir mixture; switch and rotate pans. Continue baking until nuts are lightly toasted, about 15 more minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Scatter apricots, dates and coconut chips over both baking sheets; stir well to evenly incorporate.
- Store granola in jars, air-tight containers or zip-top bags for up to a month.
Feel free to customize this recipe; almonds would work well instead of hazelnuts, and dried cranberries would be a nice substitute for dates.