Creamy Navy Bean Dip
Molly Yeh's easy appetizer was developed for people with dietary restrictions.
- 2 large cloves of garlic smashed
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 14.5 oz can navy beans drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp harissa or to taste
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- In a small bowl, cover the garlic with the lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes. In a food processor, combine the beans, olive oil, harissa, a big pinch of salt, lots of fresh ground black pepper, the garlic and lemon juice.
- Blend until very smooth, a full 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Spread two or three tablespoons of dip on the bottom of a shallow bowl and top with a handful of baby greens, sliced olives, peppers, tomatoes and pickles. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky salt and black pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge and gluten-free toast on the side.