Soft ice cream, a crunchy waffle, warm fruit, caramel sauce, chocolate and nuts – all in a single cup.
No-Churn Ice Cream Sundaes
A bistro-inspired dessert recipe for no-churn ice cream, served with caramelized bananas, caramel sauce and stroopwafels.
- 300 mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla pod halved lengthwise and scraped
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 4 bananas
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- prepared caramel sauce
- whipped 35% cream
- ⅓ cup toasted pecans
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 8 stroopwafels
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat condensed milk with vanilla seeds on low until blended. Add cream and beat on medium until mixture has doubled in size and medium peaks form. Scrape cream mixture into loaf pan or plastic container with lid and let freeze overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Peel bananas; halve lengthwise and cut into large pieces.
- In large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; sprinkle with sugar and let cook until dissolved. Add bananas, cut side down, and let cook on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer to lined pan to prevent sticking.
- To assemble, spoon about 1 tbsp of the caramel sauce into each coupe. Layer with 2 scoops of ice cream and caramelized bananas. Garnish each with whipped cream, pecans, chocolate chips, 1 stroopwafel and 1 cherry.
A bistro-inspired dessert recipe for no-churn ice cream, served with caramelized bananas, caramel sauce and stroopwafels.z