Peach Hazelnut Tart
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 ground hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 31/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 4 peaches halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 4 toasted and peeled hazelnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- In large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and salt on medium until light, about 3 minutes. Scrape bottom and side of bowl and beat in eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Add flour, cornstarch and ground hazelnuts and beat on low until almost combined.
- Turn out onto work surface and gently knead into ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into disc; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg until incorporated, beat in ground hazelnuts until just combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to 1/4-inch thick round and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread the cream in centre of dough leaving a 4-inch border to fold in. Arrange the peaches in concentric circles over cream then fold over pastry edge and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake until golden, 40 to 50 minutes. Drizzle with honey before serving.
Tip: To make ground hazelnuts, whirl skinned roasted hazelnuts in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Freeze in a resealable container for up to 6 months.