The newly-opened Sandals Dunn’s River serves up this classic Jamaican cocktail to guests at their on-site rum club. The Planter’s Punch is made with fresh lime juice, grenadine, bitters and two local rums – to recreate the full Dunn’s Rum Club experience, sip the cocktail while playing a game of Jamaican-style dominoes.
- ½ oz. Myers's Original Dark Rum
- 1 oz. Jamaican Gold Rum
- ¼ oz. simple syrup see note
- ½ oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. grenadine
- dehydrated orange slice for garnish
- Add both rums, simple syrup, lime juice and grenadine to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker until it is ¾ full. Shake hard for 7 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled large coupe glass. Garnish with the dehydrated orange slice.