Delicata squash is so named for it’s delicate, edible skin. It’s easy to cook – no peeling required! Simply prepare the squash, roast it, then serve on a bed of arugula with a drizzle of honey-lemon dressing for a bright, light and healthy lunch.
Roasted Delicata Squash Salad
- 2 medium delicata squash or substitute 1 small butternut, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅙ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups baby spinach or arugula
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Arrange rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 425 ̊F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and slice into ¾-inch slices. Place slices onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer. Bake until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon zest and juice, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle in oil while whisking constantly.
- Place spinach or arugula on a serving platter or individual plates. Transfer squash to a large bowl. Sprinkle with hemp hearts, parsley, pomegranates or cranberries and feta. Drizzle with dressing. Toss well to coat, then arrange on top of arugula.