This sheet-pan salmon recipe makes for a healthy weeknight dinner that’s easy on clean-up. 30 minutes in the oven is all you need for this tasty meal.
Sheet-Pan Salmon with Broccoli and New Potatoes
This sheet pan salmon recipe makes for a super fast, healthy weeknight dinner that's easy on clean-up.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 350 g new potatoes about 20 potatoes or ½ a 680g bag
- 1 garlic clove finely grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets about 550g, patted dry
- ¾ tsp salt divided
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Cut broccoli into florets. Peel the stem using a vegetable peeler, trim the bottom and discard, then cut stem into 1-inch slices.
- Place broccoli florets and stems, onion, potatoes and garlic onto a baking sheet. Toss vegetables with oil and ½ tsp each salt and pepper until coated and garlic is evenly dispersed. Bake 15 minutes.
- Season salmon on both sides with remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Flip vegetables, add salmon to baking sheet, pushing vegetables to the sides. Bake 7 minutes. Turn oven to broil; broil until the vegetables are browned and the salmon is just cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t overcook that beautiful salmon! A touch of dark pink in the centre means it’s moist, tender and perfectly cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and juice, olive oil and parsley in a small bowl. Serve salmon and vegetables drizzled with lemon-parsley sauce.