Roasted Tomato, Thyme and Buffalo Mozzarella Tart
Whole heirloom tomatoes are the star of this easy tart recipe, and creamy buffalo mozzarella is the co-star.
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10 heirloom tomatoes (approx.)
- 1 bunch basil
- 4 sprigs thyme divided
- 1/2 pkg frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella in water sliced or whole
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper each
- Place oven rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the oil, honey and balsamic vinegar over medium heat, stirring to combine. Add tomatoes, half of the basil and 3 thyme sprigs. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, turning tomatoes over halfway through cooking.
- Line pie plate with parchment paper; arrange puff pastry, pressing into edges. Sprinkle bottom with breadcrumbs and Parmesan; top with tomatoes.
- Bake until crust is browned and tomatoes are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, arrange Mozzarella, sliced or whole, remaining thyme and remaining basil on top. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.