This T-Bone steak recipe our will be your new go-to for the barbecue. Marinating it is a cinch – just prepare your coffee chili rub, rub all over the steaks and then marinate for 15 minutes. Serve with smashed rosemary potatoes.
T-Bone Steak with Coffee Chili Rub
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tbsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp cane sugar or granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp granulated garlic
- 3 T-bone steaks at room temperature, pat dry
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Using a mortar and pestle, combine coffee, hot pepper flakes, salt, sugar and garlic; grind until fine. Rub all over steaks and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Brush steaks with some of the sunflower oil; place on greased grill. Cook, covered flipping once, until desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.