This brilliant dip is the perfect way to use tender herbs. It’s vegan, but top with feta for a little something extra.
New Vegetables and Herb Dip
Seasonal spring vegetables star in this delicious dip recipe from the inaugural issue of ELLE Gourmet.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 small firm but ripe avocado pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup mixed tender herbs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- olive oil for drizzling
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta optional
- seasonal vegetables to serve
- In bowl, add cashews and enough water to cover; let stand overnight. Drain; add to blender with lemon juice, vinegar, onion, oil and garlic. Process until smooth; scrape down sides.
- Add nutritional yeast, avocado and herbs; process until smooth. Stir in salt, adding more if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to a day to allow flavours to develop. When ready to serve, drizzle with a little more oil and garnish with feta (if using). Serve with an assortment of garden veggies.