Chicken Soup With Lemon and Sage
- 1 small head of garlic
- 2 lemons
- 2 chicken breasts bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tsp kosher salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Halve garlic crosswise, leaving skin on. Juice one lemon and thinly slice one lemon, then set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot, add garlic halves, salt and pepper and cover with 4 cups of cold water. Bring to a gentle boil then reduce heat and gently simmer until chicken is no longer pink about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a large bowl and let cool enough to remove skin and cut breast into thin strips.
- Strain the broth through a fine sieve into a large bowl, then return to pot, discarding any remains. Return chicken to broth with lemon juice, lemon slices, sage leaves and more salt and pepper to adjust the seasoning. Simmer to let flavours mingle before serving with a drizzle of honey and olive oil.