Salted Plum Margarita
Mott 32 Vancouver's inventive take on the Margarita uses whole and ground salted plums.
- 45 ml Avion Blanco Tequila
- ¾ (22.75 ml) triple sec
- ¾ (22.75 ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup see note
- 1 salted plum
- 1-2 pinches salted plum powder
- Add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake for a few moments.
- Double-strain the contents into a rocks glass rimmed with salted plum powder, then garnish with the salted plum on a cocktail skewer.
Make a simple syrup by bringing equal parts sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes, until all the sugar has dissolved, then let cool completely. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.