Creamy Vegan Hot Chocolate
This vegan hot chocolate recipe has both cocoa and dark chocolate squares to give it an extra-rich and chocolatey flavour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 5 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 inch piece ginger thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp roasted cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 2 squares dark chocolate
- Heat almond milk, honey, and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Whisk in cashew butter and cocoa until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and let stand to allow flavours to meld, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla (if using), cinnamon and sea salt. Strain through fine sieve into two mugs and serve with grated dark chocolate.
Tip: Turn this into a summer drink by letting it cool, then pouring it into a shaker with a few ice cubes and a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Shake and pour into pre-chilled glasses.