Healthy Lentil-Ricotta Pizza
Red lentils form the base of this innovative pizza, which then gets topped with colourful fresh veggies.
- 1½ cups red lentils
- 1¾ cups sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs dried oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 rainbow carrots cut into strips
- 2 small beets thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup baby spinach
- shaved Gruyère
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper; preheat oven to 350°F.
- In high-speed blender, pulse lentils until they resemble flour. Add broth, garlic and oregano; purée until a batter forms.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Scrape in half of the batter and thinly spread; cook until golden on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with 1 tbsp of the remaining oil and remaining batter.
- Spread ricotta over lentil bases. Divide carrots and beets and scatter on top, then drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. While still hot, top with spinach and Gruyère, and drizzle with more olive oil.