This roasted cauliflower main is elegant enough to serve to friends and family yet simple enough to keep you out of the kitchen. Mostly, though, it’s really delicious. Serve it family-style in all its glory with some flatbread tucked in alongside, or, if you prefer, cut into four dramatic wedges to serve individually and pile each with a quarter of the toppings.
With the hot roasted flavours of cumin and turmeric and the delightful textures of toasted almonds and sesame seeds, there’s nothing better than a cooling and smooth accompaniment to balance the flavours. Liberté Greek 5% Extra Creamy Yogurt has it all, which is why ELLE Gourmet recommends using it as an essential part of our One-Pan Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Pickled Onions and Garlicky Yogurt. But this isn’t the only recipe where you should use Liberté Greek 5% Extra Creamy Yogurt. Protein-rich, full of flavour and enhanced by a splash of cream, Liberté Greek 5% Extra Creamy Yogurt offers endless possibilities. Highly nourishing, it adds smoothness to any recipe, can be used as a substitute for mayonnaise and tastes great on its own by the spoonful.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Pickled Onions and Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 2 Medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 1¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 large head cauliflower stem trimmed and leaves removed
Pickled Onion & Garlicky Yogurt
- ½ medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 cup Liberté Greek 5% Extra Creamy Yogourt
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 –2 green finger chilies serrano, or jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted almonds coarsely chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In small bowl, soak dates in ½ cup hot water for 15 minutes; drain. Chop dates and using side of chef’s knife, work into a paste. Scrape into a bowl; stir in butter, garlic, salt, allspice, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon.
- In a large skillet, place cauliflower stem-side down; spread butter mixture overtop, covering florets. Roast until lightly charred and fork-tender, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gather the accompaniments. In a small bowl, combine onion, lemon juice and ¼ tsp of the salt. Let stand. In another bowl, stir together yogourt, garlic and the remaining ¼ tsp salt; set aside.
- To serve, warm flatbread. Top cauliflower with onion mixture, green chilies, almonds, feta and sesame seeds.
- Arrange flatbread and cilantro around cauliflower and serve with garlicky yogourt.